WHO: All ASP 2012 Attendees
TASK FORCE LEADERS: Debbie Ahle, Larry Curry, Barbara Burnside, Karen Prescott
• Each participant, whether adult or youth, is required to attend 4 orientation sessions. Three will be scheduled before the trip, and the fourth orientation will occur en route.
• These sessions are mandatory as explained in the Covenant – attendance is taken and if you do not attend all sessions, you will not be permitted to go on the trip.
• The purpose of the orientations is to educate the attendees on what they are going to encounter in Appalachia. They are a very important part of your ASP training.
• The goal is to communicate what can be expected as well as trying to prepare for the unexpected. In addition, we try to make the orientation sessions fun so people can meet one another and begin functioning as a team.
• To accommodate schedules, the first two orientations will be offered on a Wednesday and Thursday evening. Choose which mandatory evening fits your schedule, as you are only required to attend either the Wednesday or Thursday session.
• The third orientation is only offered once – Wednesday, June 6 - and it is imperative that you are available on this evening. Mark your calendars today so you will not schedule anything else on this night.
• The orientations will run from 6:30 – 9:00. Please be prompt: plan on arriving at 6:30 so we can cover all the material necessary.
The orientation sessions are scheduled for:
• Orientation 1 – Wednesday April 4 OR Thursday April 12
• Orientation 2 – Wednesday May 2 OR Thursday May 10
• Orientation 3 – Wednesday June 6th
• Orientation 4 – Saturday June 30 (en route)
• If you have a conflict and will not be able to make one of the mandatory orientation sessions, you must contact Larry Curry or Barbara Burnside to discuss in advance (this means checking your calendars & with your parents’ NOW). Calling us the day of a meeting when you are out of school & we are at work is NOT considered “in advance.”
Be advised that make-up for a 3-hr orientation is about 5 hours long, if a make-up is granted! And be advised that WE DO CHECK with the schools, dance studios, etc. about last minute game/tournament/meet/performance changes, etc.