Everyone who has not gone on ASP before is required to attend a 2-hour session that will include brief lectures and demonstrations on safety, construction tools and methods.
· It will also include instruction and supervised individual practice on safe use of the circular saw, power drill and hammer
· There will be 6 sessions offered as shown below.
· Location: TBA
· Times: (Please be prompt.) Friday March 30 -- 7 – 9 pm Saturday March 31 -- 9 - 11 am; 12 – 2 pm or 2 – 4 pm Sunday April 1-- 1 – 3 pm or 3 – 5 pm
· You should sign up for one as soon as possible. Each session will be limited to 12 people.
· The work may be done in an unheated area so dress for the work and for the weather.
· What to bring: · A claw hammer that is at least 16 ounces. (If your family does not currently own a claw hammer of this size, they can be purchased at Ridgefield Supply for as little as $10.) The full day skills training session will require heavy use of this hammer so get one that feels good. · Work gloves, work shoes or sneakers.
· If you have not already read, filled out, signed and submitted the Jesse Lee ASP form, you MUST do so and bring it with you to the Basic Skills session.
· Each individual MUST complete this two-hour session before the full-day of wheelchair ramp–building training can be done.